The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Floppy Images - Test Drive II: The Collection
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Test Drive II: The Collection

Posted at 04:33 on May 14th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
After 20 years I have found my old collection of games and am going to begin the process of archival based on the techniques found in this forum. I will be starting with Test Drive II, however I do have a couple questions for this one: 1) The DISKID.DAT files found on the add-on disks (supercars, etc.) have have their original dates changed (I expect from the original installation process) I would like to know if anyone has these original timestamps. Also, if someone still had this information, how could be implemented into a verifiable image? I enjoy the site. Hope to contribute soon.
Posted at 15:51 on May 14th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Originally posted by Formulator at 04:33 on May 14th, 2015:
After 20 years I have found my old collection of games and am going to begin the process of archival based on the techniques found in this forum. I will be starting with Test Drive II, however I do have a couple questions for this one: 1) The DISKID.DAT files found on the add-on disks (supercars, etc.) have have their original dates changed (I expect from the original installation process) I would like to know if anyone has these original timestamps. Also, if someone still had this information, how could be implemented into a verifiable image? I enjoy the site. Hope to contribute soon.

If you have modified disk, then dump image by Teledisk if possible.
Because Test Drive II series have copy protection.
But I can fix (replace or restore) modified DISKID.DAT with original default.
-----
Edited by ibmpc5150 at 15:53 on May 14th, 2015
Posted at 02:05 on May 15th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Thank you. It will likely take some time to successfully image these disks as I am with only a modern PC at this time. I may have access to a XT clone if that would be a suitable system for this task. Please advise. Best regards.
Posted at 03:39 on May 18th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
This title will still take some more time. As of now I have completed cracked images of the five 720k disks as well as made a composite installed collection of the files which include all of the car & scenery add-on disks. It is interesting to note that my "Muscle Cars" disk has the same volume label as the "Super Cars" disk. This must have been an oversight, but since the files were cracked anyway, I corrected the volume label. The installed version required the CARS.DAT & SCENES.DAT to include the text needed to access the add-on files. In this case I simply altered the timestamp to reflect the original versions. I used patcher v6.5 to crack the original TD2EGA.EXE, TD2CGA.EXE, & TD2TDY.EXE, and timestamped those as well. As far as I can tell, there are no cracked versions of the Tandy version floating around at this time. I also kept the DISKID.DAT hidden, although all of the other versions I have seen have the file un-hidden. As previously mentioned in the original post, the four add-on disks require their respective DISKID.DAT files to be restored to return them to a virgin state. Scanning of documents is underway. The final step will be the true protected images. I do wonder if Atari SA, which absorbed all of Accolade's assets, still maintains stock of some of their original titles...
Posted at 12:44 on May 26th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
All Car & Scenario disks for Test Drive II:The Duel are fixed (restored / recovered) as factory default.

Only main program of Test Drive II:The Duel is Not recovered as original default.
-----
Edited by ibmpc5150 at 12:44 on May 26th, 2015
Posted at 03:52 on May 28th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Many thank you's to ibmpc5150. I have submitted an alternate image of the program disk and hope it will be correctable.
Posted at 05:33 on May 29th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I still have not played some of the games.If it is interesting, maybe I will try it later

-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 06:03 on June 11th, 2015
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll