Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - King's Quest 5: Absence Makes the Heart go Yonder! (1990)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

King's Quest 5: Absence Makes the Heart go Yonder! (1990)

Posted at 18:12 on May 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
Graham the King comes back in one of the best known of Sierra's sagas. King's Quest V – Absence makes the heart go yonder was the very first game to be released in languages other than English. This is something that sounds normal today, but back in the 90s was incredible news for graphic adventure fans all over the world. English was a real issue for me and my brothers as kids. "To drop"?? Oh my God, what do they mean? What do they want from me, to enjoy playing a game or are they trying to make me learn something??

Read more...
Posted at 19:23 on July 1st, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Quote:
Don't you hate it when you come home from a leisurely walk to find your home has vanished without a trace? No, that hasn't happened to you? You're obviously not from a royal family with a tendency to anger evil wizards, then. That's exactly the scenario that King Graham of Daventry encounters in King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder, one of the most notable and memorable (if not for entirely the right reasons) Sierra games ever made.

Read more...
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll