Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Myst (1997)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Myst (1997)

Posted at 08:04 on February 22nd, 2017 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
The best selling game of all time… well, actually, I'm not sure this is true anymore, with the market having exploded since the mid-1990s. At least it used to be. One of the killer applications which didn't just sell itself, but also the CD-ROM drives necessary to run it. A game I held a huge grudge against for two decades. Because its huge commercial success killed the Adventure genre I loved. Now I replayed it again. Water under the bridge?

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 09:24 on February 22nd, 2017 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Deceased Gumby
Never really played it, though heard of it a lot of course and seen some of the screenshots a number of times. Was gonna play it recently, though didn't find a quick way to run the original game on OS later than XP. There is also a desktop edition which came out in 1998 i believe, but that one too doesn't run on 64-bit OS. I guess i will either have to try DOSBox with pre-installed Win 3.1 or VirtualBox with XP.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.

I am on irc.freenode.org: #TGOD
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 09:31 on February 22nd, 2017
Posted at 17:00 on October 22nd, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Quote:
My relationship with Myst is an ambivalent one. At first, I was amazed by its 3D rendered graphics unknown at the time. Back then, I had never thought my computer could produce anything like these images. The gameplay however, wasn't quite as much fun as the game's optical qualities.

Read more...
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll