The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - R. I. P. Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

R. I. P. Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries)

Posted at 01:07 on January 16th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
No, I'm not a big fan of The Cranberries nor did I know the name of the lead singer until now. But, I have to admit, sometimes passing of one person for some reason feels more distressing than another.

I could argue I didn't mourn David Bowie or Chester Bennington because I never liked their music, but what about Prince and George Michael? I do like quite a few of their songs, yet their demise felt just as insubstantial to me as though they never even existed. It felt natural, something that I subconsciously thought was bound to happen sooner or later anyway. A punch of fate which though should have not struck Dolores, at least not this soon and not like that. For the first time in my life I feel someone's death is just a bad joke.

I believe I have the right answer why this matters to me in a special way. I grew up with this band as a casual and involuntary listener, but only now have I realized that all this time it's been a part of me regardless. Which is a curious and strange phenomenon, don't you think?

The Cranberries - Ode To My Family

...yes, someone DOES care. Rest in Peace, dear legend.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 06:36 on January 16th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
She will always be that gold painted woman in Zombie!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 22:07 on January 17th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 06:36 on January 16th, 2018:
She will always be that gold painted woman in Zombie!

Yes, that's what I thought off immediately when I heard of her death too! Because I have been an
Originally posted by Moebius at 01:07 on January 16th, 2018:
involuntary listener

too: My sister used to play their songs quite a lot, and especially that "In your head…!" line got stuck in my head.

Well, now it is kind of a sad memory.
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 03:15 on January 18th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
My sister used to play their songs quite a lot

Exactly my case.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll