The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Making reviews
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Making reviews

Posted at 16:16 on April 13th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hello, *very* noob here.

I tried writing a review for The Dark Heart Of Uukrul, but the search comes without results. Finding the game in the Disk Images section and clicking the "Write review" link brings me to a kind of game submission page, which I abandoned after step 1. I hope that doesn't bring headaches to the editors.

So I don't know what I'm doing wrong, how come the game doesn't show in the search even if it's in the Disk Images, and how do I write a review for it? The FAQ hasn't cleared this for me.

Thanks for any info.
Posted at 16:33 on April 13th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Hello and welcome!

Please, use this link to submit a new game review. And sorry for any inconvenience, we are currently contemplating ways of making our design a little more intuitive.

It is not necessary to contribute to existing game entries at all (writing on top of existing reviews), you can always create a new one, which is what you get another 10 points for. I know it's a little confusing, but it only takes getting used to a little. Oh, and don't forget to provide at least 5 screenshots for each game (file upload step).
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 19:39 on April 13th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
That was the link I tried, I guess the upload step confused me. I'll try again.

Edit: ugh, done, but I borked it on the last step, and only submitted one URL. I hope it can be edited/enhanced once it's displayed on the site.
-----
Edited by Garnett Williams at 19:49 on April 13th, 2018
Posted at 20:09 on April 13th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Hello Garnett, I'll look through your submissions tomorrow. Don't worry, of course it will be possible to add more later if needed.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 09:50 on April 14th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The first three reviews are online, thank you! The last one, I will have to postpone another day. Thanks for your patience.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll