The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Magazine scans
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Magazine scans

Posted at 18:11 on September 20th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
I've noticed some games have magazine scans like ads, previews, miscellaneous mentions on pages, but they're all in German. Would English scans be of interest to people here. I have a few magazines that I think date back to around 1993/4/5 somewhere there plus later ones.
Posted at 18:19 on September 20th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
We have two magazines throughout their complete lifetimes, one in English and one in German. You can find the complete index in the Exhibitions section.

In principle, more magazines would be nice. However, the issue isn't so much availability of scans; there are great sources for that today. The question is who will go through all the pages and tag them with the appropriate game entries. I did this all by myself for those 157 issues we have and it wasn't particularly interesting work. On top, even if somebody did this initially, who will keep this index up-to-date with the new game entries subsequently added.

So, to cut a long story short: sure, help is welcome, but only if it goes with the offer to perform these bookkeeping tasks.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll