The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - This is an interesting record label
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

This is an interesting record label

Posted at 20:01 on December 11th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
http://www.8bitpeoples.com/

I've only sampled a couple of songs, but it is quite amusing, and somehow lovely at the same time. I really don't like techno, in fact, I pretty much hate it. But these songs, you can imagine them being in some video game. And, that is glorious. These people are crazy.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 01:26 on December 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Hmm.... do they make their own music in 8 bit style, or do they simply 'imitate' existing computer music?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 09:45 on December 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
No, they aren't completely pure, I think they only imitate the style. I've sampled more of it, and only the 'Mesu' guys music sounds convincing. The others I've heard is still just that stupid brain rattling beat music.

It would be interesting to see somebody acutally do 8 bit.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 11:14 on December 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
In any case, it's good to have classic computer music (as well as graphics) to be accepted as a general artistic style as opposed to just embarrassing technical inability from stone age.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:23 on December 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
There's definitely some good music on that page... it's amazing what some people can get out of, for example, a C64. Once I even heard a guy called LOWBATT or something on the radio who made music with two Game Boys and a load of effects boxes. I think they even have a festival for this kind of music somewhere in Belgium, but I can't remember the name.
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll