The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - The worst gamer ever?
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

The worst gamer ever?

Posted at 08:19 on August 20th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I'm the first one to admit I suck at most games which require fast reflexes (you'll have read this quite a few times if you're following the new game entries), but that guy surpasses me by far. It's absolutely unbelievable how clueless anyone can be! In School Daze (the game I found him through), his lines per second rate exceeds every imaginable scale. In Nebulus, he walks into the very first trap right at the beginning of the very first level again and again (I lost count). Wow - he has my full admiration!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:16 on October 12th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
perhaps you should introduce a new measurement - lines per minute instead of apm ^^
Posted at 09:47 on November 12th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
The worst game I ever played was "Spirit of 1939" a game by Microprose. It was about carracing in the early 20th century, a good topic but totally misprogrammed. Steering was nearly impossible, the game crashed every second. I returned the game one day after I bought it.
Posted at 17:48 on November 12th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally, this thread was about the worst gamer ever, but nevermind ;) Do you have any info on that game? I don't think I've ever heard of it, and even the former Microprose Abandonware Archive didn't have it on their list.
-----
Posted at 19:25 on November 12th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Ups, overread it. The game is called "Spirit of speed 1937". It is a racing game about the racing season of 1937. The topic is a very interesting one but the programm is very faulty and sluggish.

this game was programmed when Microprose was in its declining phase. It seemed that they had to launch new games but they already had lost their spirit which was a mark of this company. Here is a link to this game:

http://www.f1gamers.com/f1/games/gameinfo.php?game=sos1937
Posted at 21:18 on November 12th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ah, that explains it - the game is newer than the site I was thinking of ;)
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll