The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Comics - The -new- new motu comics
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

The -new- new motu comics

Posted at 07:47 on November 14th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Have any of you guys been following the current heman comics from DC? It's an ongoing series which takes a similar approach to DC (wildstorm)'s thundercats comics from 2002, being set some time after the television series, in a world where the villains have somehow taken control. There's also a motu/dc universe crossover series, perhaps paying tribute to the old heman vs superman comics.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 08:20 on November 14th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yep, I'm reading it. Kind of torn whether it's a good or a bad thing, however. I appreciate that they really need to get away from the old cartoon formula of every evil plan being foiled by the end of the episode/issue and the heroes laughing heartily before providing a moral. On the other hand, this swings maybe too much in the opposite direction. Killing much of the central cast off in a single sweep, destroying the whole world it is set in… the whole plot is unbelievably… destructive. I wonder how they plan to continue this mid-term. Though, of course, DC is known for lame reboot devices like declaring it took place in an alternate universe, them finding a magic ball or some magician just waving her hands to set everything right again.

What do you think?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 08:21 on November 14th, 2015
Posted at 09:54 on November 14th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
How far are you into it? I've read up through vol2 issue 9 so far.

I don't think they'll undo any of it (they didn't with thundercats). As for whether the story itself is good or bad, I think it's a mixed bag. It's quite interesting who the culprit of the big turnaround turns out to be (I don't want to spoil it for anyone). Also, they sort of retcon an explanation an age-old error from the minicomics (though again, I don't want to spoil it for anyone). All in all I think it makes for an interesting read & an interesting addition to the motu mythos, and I think it's a far cry better than the whole "new adventures" plot.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 10:05 on November 14th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
It has to be said that some issues were even virtually plotless. E.g. when He-Man goes to confront the Snake People, it's just two issues on non-stop fighting without anything happening! By now, it's become more interesting with the unlikely alliance they are forging.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll