The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Comics - He-Man back in Germany!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

He-Man back in Germany!

Posted at 13:26 on August 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The cartoon has been running for some weeks already, the first comic has been published yesterday, the toys will follow in September. Today, Mattel did some promotion here in Hamburg: They put up a stage, they had He-Man and Skeletor there, they had some magician (who turned out not to be Orko :(), they had some competition for the kids and a lot of 'merchandise'.

As suspected, more adults between 20 and 30 were there than kids. Some geeks had even dressed up as their favourite characters. But see for yourself: http://goodolddays.net/up/he-man/he-man.php.

Oh, and "He-Man" actually got his line about "having the power" right once...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 14:38 on August 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Orko was a creepy character, of course it doesn't matter for us but that would terribly depress today's kids, mentally protected and all. Even the games they play are categorized by ESRB. We used to be exposed to all kinds of shit, I remember watching a Turkish horror movie (much more creepy than a regular horror movie, this is a Turkish one with extremely lame gore effects) when I were 7 or 8 on the government's prime channel, that was the only channel at that time. I were effected by that scene in which the guy watching a comedy show on tv was decapitated by the burglar with an axe who broke into the house. They couldn't mix the sound and video right so the beheaded body kept laughing at the show for about a second after the head was gone. I were SO afraid of that. Not the incident but the editing problem. Now kids are lame and they're going to be lame for the rest of their lives. They'll be politically correct assholes when they grow up. They just can't survive being exposed to a character as horrible as orko!

Ah, and I liked he man until I realized he was wearing gay costumes. He didn't date she-ra even once...or was she her sister? Well it doesn't matter she was probably frigid as well, and I prefer an incest comic to a gay one.

Edited by Burseg at 02:19 on August, 15th 2003
Posted at 15:04 on August 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Orko is part of this new line... see attachment. He just wasn't there. Instead, they dressed up some kid with an Orko robe and hat: http://goodolddays.net/up/he-man/pics/he-man55.jpg.

Ah yes, and Adora/She-Ra is indeed Adam/He-Man's sister. And she always wanted to fuck Bow. Just that this guy was gay. If you want incest, I'm sure you'll find a lot of material from Japan in your nearest comic store :P
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 15:57 on August 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Retired Gumby
Look, He-Man even gave me an autograph! :o
Posted at 17:54 on August 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Quote:
If you want incest, I'm sure you'll find a lot of material from Japan in your nearest comic store

Comic store? We don't have any here. I live in Turkey, remember? It's really as bad as living inside of that bird.

Edited by Burseg at 01:55 on August, 15th 2003
Posted at 02:51 on August 16th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Then you'll miss all these great stories about Tentacle rape. What a pity!
-----
Posted at 04:19 on August 16th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
I still have Internet access! 128kbit Cable modem but it works :p
Posted at 08:18 on August 16th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Tapuak at 23:57 on August, 15th 2003:

Look, He-Man even gave me an autograph! :o
Skeletor on the other hand gave out autographs, too, but being evil and all, he only personalized, but didn't sign them ;)
-----
Posted at 16:12 on August 16th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Who are those kids that seemed to be assigned to teams?!? Weird.

Von He-Man? ;)

and it's so good of skeletor to display his own merchandise in his media photo.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 16:16 on August 16th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Who are those kids that seemed to be assigned to teams?!? Weird.
Before the show actually started, some guys ran around and tried to grab kids unwilling off the street to use them for their little games on the stage. Not that any of the kids actually knew what all of this was about...

Quote:
Von He-Man?
That just means "from He-Man". You were probably thinking about the "von" being part of the name, like old Baron "von Richthofen" or something, weren't you? :P

Quote:
and it's so good of skeletor to display his own merchandise in his media photo.
That's kind of smart indeed, but did you also notice the strange colour of his hands?
-----
Posted at 16:24 on August 16th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
That just means "from He-Man". You were probably thinking about the "von" being part of the name, like old Baron "von Richthofen" or something, weren't you?

Yeah, but that's what happens when your teacher's eyes point in two different directions.
-----
Posted at 16:30 on August 16th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, always blame someone else. Whiney do-gooder! Join the dark side and take responsibility on your own!
-----
Posted at 18:09 on August 16th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, that's how good always wins! They never do anything wrong, and all the evils do!
-----
Posted at 03:11 on August 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Bah! On Friday, He-Man only won the swordfight with Skeletor, because the kids helped him. At least he said so. At least I think he said so, his microphone was broken, and he was hard to understand....
-----
Posted at 09:11 on August 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
This thread has made me cry. Just to think how deep has the greatest homoerotic cartoon of all times fallen... :(
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 16:19 on August 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As much as the quality of the toys has declined, this 'live show' was fun! The 80s had their cheesy bad live shows, too. Do you think this was any better?
-----
Posted at 08:56 on August 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, it's better, but not too much. At least Skeletor has gloves on.

Anyway, I always saw He-Man as a slightly more civilized Conan. What I got from your pictures was a Beastmaster - the TV show instead.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 09:28 on August 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, this new line is pretty much what the original line was at first in the 80s (and some additional Manga crap elements of course). Check the old comics of the time before the cartoon came out. It's pretty much Beastmaster, too.
-----
Posted at 11:38 on August 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
That's true. Just last weekend I was watching both pilot episodes - for the original series and for the new series, and that's where I saw all the differences. Still, I grew up with the TV show and not the comic books.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 11:53 on August 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Retired Gumby
Well, I grew up with the audio cassettes that are still the best. :)
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll