The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Oh dear... - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: K!XT$
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 16:01 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
The triangle on the top left looks like something a big dog would leave at the side of the road :o

What tool is that supposed be?
Posted at 15:57 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Some of them are named like tools ("bayerische Wasserpumpenwurst" means "bavarian waterpump sausage" for example - I can't translate the best examples, though, because the names are weird combinations of words). There are references to glue, joints, adapters, pistons and grease amongst others. And then look at the one on the top right - if that aren't supposed to be pliers.... :pain:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 15:55 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I cant speak a word of German, come to think of it...i can barely speak English :). Thankfully altavista stuck sytran on the web for goons like me

What are a few example sausage names?
Posted at 15:49 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
hmmm, where do you see they are shaped like tools? as far as I can see from the picture, they're all pretty standard pieces of sausage bend a bit to fit the casings of tools and of course, your german is better then mine (obviously ;)) but I from what I do get from the text the sausages are only named after tools...
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 15:46 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Sausage case, everything esle is cheese??

Do you really buy your sausages in an empty toolbox?
Posted at 15:41 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Maybe someone would even 'need' (let's better say 'want' ) 40 kinds of sausages, but why would anyone want sausages in the form of tools? Who would want to eat such stuff? I mean, if I think of tools, I think of greasy oil, petrol, sweat and all that - not really tickling my appetite.
-----
Posted at 15:38 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I agree that the slogan is a real dreadfull pun but what bothers me most about this advert isn't the dismal quality but the product itself... I mean, why would you want to buy a suitcase of sausage? It isn't that I don't like sausage, don't me wrong but why would one need 40 different kinds of sausage? Just a bit puzzled really....
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 15:25 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Argh! That slogan is the worst I've seen since the new onslaught of "Deutsche Post" advertisement in the subway :pain:
-----
Posted at 15:20 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Prof Gumby
What were they thinking producing this?
Attachment: *****
-----