The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - What is your star sign? :) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 9AtjH
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 09:18 on August 4th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
This is getting interesting! :) Who is a virgo?

You better not make Mr Creosote mad over his sign, it's all BS anyway ;)

Quote:
Oh, and btw, vagabond, do you still have your backup of those QFG4 disks? Where did you upload them? Thanks!

I will upload both versions 1.0 & 1.1 + a few patches if you want. And no, i didn't upload the entire game for BilyH666, just one disk of it.

Since this is a simple discussion thread it would be inappropriate to post the links here, so i've made a new post in the relevant section of the forum: http://www.goodolddays.net/forum/topic.php?id=3007
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 09:58 on August 4th, 2014
Posted at 01:55 on August 4th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
This is getting interesting! :) Who is a virgo? Oh, and btw, vagabond, do you still have your backup of those QFG4 disks? Where did you upload them? Thanks!
-----
Edited by DoutorHouse at 01:56 on August 4th, 2014
Posted at 14:30 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
I stopped doing such things many, many years ago

Yes, today you just think quietly "Meh.. another fool.." ;)

Anyway, just kidding.
-----
Posted at 13:35 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 13:16 on July 26th, 2014:
I bet Mr Creosote under any other circumstances would immediately call me a fool, but since i've already earned some of his respect he's doing his best not to snap ;)

I stopped doing such things many, many years ago ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:16 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
There you go, that's exactly what i mean :D

Herr M, that's exactly what i meant, i wasn't talking about the signs themselves or some magical virtues thereof, i meant the time ascribed to each and certain unknown influence which makes people similar in ways. Like i said, i don't insist those are planets, stars, invisible forces and such, no. It can be anything, and i use the term 'signs' for no more or less but to denote a specific period in time at which people are born. And yes, i thought that i've mentioned autosuggestion too, so you just repeated what i said in a different way. As for horoscopes.. i was never into it myself :)

The evidence is my personal experience. I know, it's not a convincing factor for some folks around here, since personal equals subjective and perhaps foolish and superstitious, but that's that. And by the way... i'm not really arguing, not trying to impose my opinion on anyone, i simply inquired whether any of you would share similar observation, that's all :)I bet Mr Creosote under any other circumstances would immediately call me a fool, but since i've already earned some of his respect he's doing his best not to snap ;) Just a feeling! No dogmas! :)
-----
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 13:26 on July 26th, 2014
Posted at 13:08 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, I'm not the one arguing for a theory without any evidence, statistical or otherwise :)
-----
Posted at 12:25 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
By the way, male virgos tend to argue a lot. And i kid you not ;)
-----
Posted at 10:42 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Some people don't care :) Like me, for example.. i may prefer to be original, but i'd definitely not go into string theory, quantum physics and such :)
-----
Posted at 09:45 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by Herr M. at 08:49 on July 26th, 2014:
Plus most of the times the character traits assigned to certain star signs are so vague and so abundant that a certain percentage fits to anyone.

Right, like this one:

Originally posted by Moebius at 04:38 on July 26th, 2014:
Those people tend to be intelligent or they often wish to be that :)

Who doesn't want to be intelligent? ;)
-----
Posted at 08:49 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
While I don't believe in star signs, I think that your date of birth does have an influence on your character, namely that there is a difference if you spend the first couple of months of your life inside huddled in some warm blankets because it's cold outside, or if you have to sweat under the summer sun (resp. something in between). And it does make a difference when you celebrate your birthday, for a) you will get different presents and b) different seasons mean different kinds of parties. Overall those influences might be slight and subtle but a lot more significant than those of a star thousands of lightyears away.

On top of that you have people telling you that you are a this and that, so your character is something like that. And even if you don't trust those observations at all, it does leave some marks. Listen to something often enough or repeat it to yourself over and over again and you start to believe it. Plus most of the times the character traits assigned to certain star signs are so vague and so abundant that a certain percentage fits to anyone, while the rest is often ignored.

Nevertheless I think it's good fun to read some horoscopes or talk about signs, as long as you aren't biased by prejudices or stereotypes or live your life after them.

Btw. one of the best (and most fitting) horoscopes I know comes from a street paper I read occasionaly. They are pure political propaganda and try to predict how you think about the EU, the parlament or the city administration, with very clear and specific predictions. And that (instead of the usual hogwash about watching out for a promotion or meeting your one true love in the next week) is something refreshingly new.
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 04:38 on July 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
That's called pisces :) Those people tend to be intelligent or they often wish to be that :)
-----
Posted at 19:14 on July 25th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I think i'm a fishy?
Posted at 11:00 on July 25th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Personally, I believe an active membership in this forum is a much more accurate indicator about people's personality traits ;)
-----
Posted at 09:48 on July 25th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Heh, thanks a lot :) And yes, i know what you're talking about, it can to an extent help understanding things around you. It's like an additional bit to psychology. I dunno how exactly it works, planets or not - i see something. Perhaps some people (especially women) simply assume certain qualities suggested by their charts, and perhaps not even that, but just the sole fact of sounding and looks of their signs. Maybe it's somehow engraved in their subconsciousness and people develop similar perception, reaction, likes, urges and such as based on how they feel about themselves, a part of which is their sign. It's like a name, and i bet you've met several people of the same name who had something in common. Maybe not always, but still.. :) So i personally don't even insist on planetary influence, i place myself between that and psychology. Anyway, people who don't wanna join this thread probably think it's bullshit or perhaps on the contrary they think there's some substance to it and they don't wish to disclose it :) I've met such folks too. Who claim they don't care, it's all nonsense, yet try as i might i couldn't get the signs out of them. Perhaps it's just a matter of principle ;)
-----
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 09:49 on July 25th, 2014
Posted at 09:02 on July 25th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Not "fruity" at all! In fact, knowing about star signs is kinda like having a super power. I know this probably won't make any sense to all the people who think star signs are bullshit and a waste of time (i used to be like that too) but astrology can be very useful. Of course, astrology is not futurology (nobody can predict the future, and reading horoscopes IS a real waste of time) but it can help with lots of aspects in life, even collecting videogames! :)
Anyway, being a libra, i found it amusing someone posting about star signs on a forum about old games! Only an aquarius would think of such a thing (my wife is an aquarius)! :P

BTW: where have all the users gone?
Posted at 13:59 on July 24th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Ok, guys, for some people this subject might seem rather "fruity", but.. what are your signs, guys? I've noticed that people of same signs in fact often share similar traits, at least i resonate with them on mostly the same level. I'm aquarius personally, what are you: )
-----