The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Foolish! - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: fcOOP
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 06:03 on October 4th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Go here for the original site:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3836/bush_seeks_un_support.html
-----
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation
Posted at 05:53 on October 4th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
The scary thing is you can actually see America trying something like that. :pain:
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 05:48 on October 4th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Bush Seeks U.N. Support For 'U.S. Does Whatever It Wants' Plan

UNITED NATIONS?In an address before the U.N. General Assembly Monday, President Bush called upon the international community to support his "U.S. Does Whatever It Wants" plan, which would permit the U.S. to take any action it wishes anywhere in the world at any time.

"As a shining beacon of freedom and democracy, America has inspired the world," said Bush in his 25-minute address. "With its military might, it has kept the peace and bravely defended the unalienable rights of millions around the globe. In this spirit, I call upon the world's nations to support my proposal to give America unrestricted carte blanche to remove whatever leaders, plunder whatever resources, and impose whatever policies it deems necessary or expedient."

According to top Bush Administration officials, if the measure is passed by the U.N.?and possibly if it is not?the U.S. would immediately launch invasions of Iraq, North Korea, and Cuba; establish oil-drilling operations in Siberia; install nuclear-missile silos in Mongolia along the Chinese border; make English the official language of the planet; detain thousands of Middle Eastern nationals currently in the U.S. on temporary visas; begin each day with a moment of worldwide prayer; and prohibit Japan and Germany from manufacturing automobiles.

In addition, no demonstration against U.S. actions by any foreign nation or individual would be permitted. Any such protestation would be deemed a high crime subject to a U.N. tribunal, with those found guilty flown to Texas for execution by lethal injection.

"After the unspeakable events of last Sept. 11, the U.S. was deeply touched by the outpouring of support and condolences from our neighbors and allies the world over," Bush said. "This kindness played a vital role in our national healing process, but, more importantly, it cemented our long-standing self-image as the country, with all other nations lumped together into a vague, foreign Other Place. I call upon you now to join us in our vision of America as the only country whose wishes matter."

Bush then turned to the pressing issue of Iraq.

"Despite repeated American efforts to change the situation, Saddam Hussein defiantly continues his longtime policy of being the president of Iraq," Bush said. "The time has come for this man to step down, because we want him to."

In addition to enabling the U.S. to address foreign crises, Bush said his plan will help solve many of the nation's domestic problems.

"While there exist many grave threats to America abroad, we suffer still more problems?from unemployment to a lack of quality, affordable housing?right here at home," Bush said. "After this resolution is passed, we will begin a 10-year project to clean out our nation's landfills and toxic-waste sites, transport the materials to Central American jungles, and build low-cost housing on the newly cleared land. This would solve the housing shortage, create thousands of construction jobs, and improve our nation's environment, all in one fell swoop."

As much of a boon as it would be to America, Bush stressed that his plan will also benefit the rest of the world, giving foreigners greater access than ever to American goods and entertainment.

"From the Beijing businessman who treats his family to dinner at KFC to the New Delhi textile worker who unwinds after a hard day's work by watching Friends, the world community has embraced our many wonderful cultural and commercial exports," Bush said. "As part of my plan, the U.S. will be allowed to export its products tariff-free, while other countries' goods will be subject to heavy taxes. This will help ensure that people the world over will continue to enjoy our computers, DVDs, and soft drinks, free of the clutter of competing non-American goods on their store shelves."

Bush concluded his speech by calling upon the U.N. to fly an extra-large U.S. flag outside its headquarters, high above the other member nations' flags.

"From the Monroe Doctrine to our ignoring of the Kyoto Treaty, America has always boldly defied the powers that be. Ever since its founding, this great nation has courageously asserted its will, bravely tuning out the objections of the other nations of the world," Bush said at the speech's conclusion. "I urge you today, do not let that legacy die. Allow us to continue our long-standing tradition of getting our way."

Global reaction to Bush's plan has been mixed, with 56 percent of Americans in support and 100 percent of non-Americans strongly opposed.
Only a joke, don't panick... much! ;)

Edited by Delos at 07:57 on October, 04th 2002
-----
Posted at 05:14 on October 3rd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I am a member only because I have money overseas in the stock exchanges. Ever since I was 14 and was in a Stock Market Challange run by the NZSE (New Zealand Stock Exchance), I was 54th in the country and I made $15,000 theoretical dollars in 3 months, and since then I have had real money on them because I've got a little bit of a talent for it, and knowing how the stockmarket is going to play is vital for me to make money. :)

As NetDanzr for more info on how to make money ;)

And to answer your question finally, I make money if it is likely that oil prices are going to come down or go up as Iraq is oil rich.
-----
Posted at 18:34 on October 2nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
You pay money for that?! Waaaaa! I can't believe people profit off where they think the next war is going to be...

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 18:02 on October 2nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
That would be Stratfor, http://www.stratfor.com/

That link is now not avaliable to non-members, sorry Pada1 :(
(The archives are not able to be accessed unless your a paying member, and I can't give you my username and password)
-----
Posted at 17:11 on October 2nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I've never said it won't happen. But if it happens, it is pure coincidence, pure 'chance' and not proof for such profecies being true! That's the point.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 17:09 on October 2nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I'm just saying I'm not willing not to believe them... I don't know were they gathered their info or why they prophecised (sp?) these events... So who am I to discard them as impossible? :evil:
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 17:03 on October 2nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yeah, religious prophecies from several thousand years ago. You are willing to believe those? And you tell me I'm living in a 'simple world'? Come on!
-----
Posted at 17:01 on October 2nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
You live in a simple world, don't you? :P I've heard a lot of theories which sound much more incredible than this one so I try to keep an open mind and if this source pans out, I'm willing to consider it as possible to plausible
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 16:52 on October 2nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
it states in the Jewish prophecies that in the birth of Israel and the End of Days it states that Israel will grow and take back the land of Jordan
You think this is not far fetched? Come on!
-----
Posted at 16:48 on October 2nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
It doesn't sound to far fetched to me... Delos: could you put the link to your source on this? I would like to have a further look at this...
-----
Posted at 10:40 on October 1st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
That was pretty damn stupid.

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 04:45 on October 1st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ooooouuuuuuuh! Conspiracy! :pain:
-----
Posted at 23:28 on September 30th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Uniting Jordan and Iraq Might Be Prime Post-War Strategy
30 September 2002

Summary

An idea to unite Jordan and Iraq in a pro-U.S. Hashemite kingdom after a U.S. war is being floated in diplomatic and opposition circles. The plan could be Washington's best scenario for ensuring a stable post-war Iraq, but the United States likely is still weighing the proposal's possible geopolitical benefits versus its problems and feasibility.

Analysis

As a U.S. war against Iraq appears to be nearing, both Washington and Middle Eastern players also are working to make sure the expected American victory will result in strategic long-term gains. The idea of a central Iraq populated by Sunni Arabs joining with Jordan to form one Hashemite kingdom is being considered as one way to secure such gains.

Such a plan reportedly was discussed at an unusual meeting between Crown Prince Hassan of Jordan and pro-U.S. Iraqi Sunni opposition members in London last July. In September, Israeli paper Yedioth Ahronoth stated that the U.S. goal in Iraq was to create a united Hashemite kingdom embracing Jordan and Iraq's Sunni areas. Israeli terrorism expert Ehud Sprinzak recently echoed this sentiment on Russian television Sept. 24.
Interesting... it states in the Jewish prophecies that in the birth of Israel and the End of Days it states that Israel will grow and take back the land of Jordan, will this is the next step after Iraq is mixed into Jordan?
-----
Posted at 02:43 on September 28th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Quote:
I trust that the previous administrations will have built in some kind of safeguard against morons-with-fingers-on-red-buttons-syndrome

Well, they used to have one, but it seems to be somehow malfunctioning lately. It was called the USSR. ;)
-----
C'est pas la chute qu'importe -- c'est l'atterrissage
Posted at 14:50 on September 27th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I must admit that I am somewhat worried about the bush-administration and their intellect (not their sanity, just look at Bush and claim he's normal... You'll feel the guilt of the lie searing through your bones ;)) but I trust that the previous administrations will have built in some kind of safeguard against morons-with-fingers-on-red-buttons-syndrome ;)
-----
Posted at 14:48 on September 27th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Reading their 'strategic papers', I'm not so positive about their sanity :(
-----
Posted at 14:46 on September 27th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Even they know that, else they would have launched long ago... No, my bet is that we will continue using conventional warfare untill we can replace our soldiers with clones/machines (<- and even then ethics will be an issue) and until that time technological- and information-warfare will be key in overt and covert campaigns...
-----
Posted at 14:42 on September 27th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
There is no such thing as a small scale tactical nuclear strike...
Tell that to the US government and military :worried:
-----