The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Spam Board 4.0 Bugs - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 50DWr
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 17:19 on February 22nd, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, the reason for the different behaviour is that Internet Explorer can't render XHTML at all (it has zero support for it, which is an arbitrary limitation, because its XML capabilities are one of the few things Microsoft doesn't have to be ashamed of), so it always renders as HTML. And in case you've always been wondering why XHTML hasn't really been taken up by big sites in spite of being the recommended standard for eight years, you now know the reason...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:50 on February 22nd, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Gecko based browsers gave an XML error page. Opera gave a very similar error page, but also included an option to render as HTML. Clicking this option produced a blank page with a very short grey (but empty) table at the top where all the links are supposed to be. I didn't bother trying IE at the time, but based on my experience with opera, it sounds like IE rendered it as HTML.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 11:07 on February 22nd, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Thanks, that bug is already fixed by now. Cypherswipe reported it via private message, because public posting (as you've noticed) wasn't possible. So, for the public record of my shame, I had just forgotten a semicolon in one of the new lines when I put up the latest code enhancements a few days ago, and this lead to posts not being saved at all. That error had very different visible effects depending on the user's browser (yours tried to render the page anyway, making it look as if nothing really bad happened, Cypherswipe's gave up completely with a nasty error message).
-----
Posted at 00:47 on February 22nd, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Eighter I can't find the post anymore or it never got into the database.

I posted a problem to this thread in the beginning of this week. When submitting, I was redirected to the confirmation page but the text (that you have posted and will be redirected) was missing from within the box.

I wasn't logged in at the time so I had the fill in the password and username at the top of the post. The browser that I used was IE 6.0 SP1 (I think). Let me try this tommorrow from work (if I don't forget it).
-----
Lets make this a beefy place
Posted at 10:29 on November 29th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As some of you might have noticed, the number of guests online were sometimes ridiculously high. This is of course caused by automated bots, like for example spiders of search engines or harvesters for e-mail addresses to send spam to.

Last night, I've refined the code to identify such bots (because it's silly to list them as 'online users'). I'm keeping an eye on it myself, too, of course, but I can't be online all the time. So if you still notice any irregularly high numbers (i.e. above 25 or so), please let me know.
-----
Posted at 17:15 on November 16th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I've been lookign around on some pages and they look fine in IE7, like wise with the forum. So far so good. I'll report issues if I find any.
-----
Posted at 16:25 on November 10th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Working on it.

Edit: Should be fixed.
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 16:37 on November 10th, 2006
Posted at 14:52 on November 10th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
When something new is posted in the comments section it doesn't mark the sub-forum as having a new message.
Posted at 07:17 on November 10th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Good, another issue solved. What about IE7 in general? Everything bearable? Also, what about the site? Just asking because I don't have access to a computer Windows XP (still Windows 2000 here at work).

Bug report to self: 'New Topic' and 'New Poll' on the bottom are apparantely lacking forum IDs.
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 07:31 on November 10th, 2006
Posted at 00:44 on November 10th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Looks ok now in IE7, will check from work tomorrow with IE6

And checked In IE6, it also worked.
-----
-----
Edited by Breaker at 07:01 on November 10th, 2006
Posted at 21:25 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I think it would be better to put a logo and a link or two (say one to the top level of the site and one to the main comics page) on the viewer pages rather than block direct linking to them, but... *shrug* whatever works.
-----
Posted at 20:25 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I've set it so that links to the viewer are allowed from this forum, but not anywhere else. The rationale is simply that the viewer page doesn't contain any page navigation elements or even a logo, so it's not recognizable enough to which site it belongs. All other links to text/* mime types are ok, of course :)
-----
Posted at 19:46 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I noticed the same thing when I posted a link to it someplace else. I find it quite odd, considering that it's a link to a page that contins the image, not the image itself.
-----
Posted at 19:44 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That's not a bug, but a (security) feature of the site. I'll see what I can do about it.
-----
Posted at 19:27 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I'm trying to view the "gay Skeletor" image via the link in Vox Pops. :) I don't know if it's related to the new board but I keep getting the following error:

Quote:
Error: You've apparantely come from another site linking directly to our files which we don't allow. If you've in fact come through The Good Old Days, your session has timed out. Please go back to the page from which you came, reload that page and try again.

Tried in Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 6.x
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 17:39 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Good :)
-----
Posted at 17:24 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Yep, now it's fixed.
-----
Posted at 16:26 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As shown above, it should really be working now.
-----
Posted at 15:09 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I still can't edit my posts

*Edit*
-----
Edited by Wandrell at 19:16 on November 9th, 2006
Posted at 14:03 on November 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Testing...
-----
Edited by Faker2004 at 16:26 on November 9th, 2006