The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Stupid Firebird question
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

Stupid Firebird question

Posted at 10:28 on September 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Cypherswipe: Well, you have a buggy version then, because that part is working fine for me :P

Tapuak: You can install the extensions to your profile instead of the program directory, then they'll even survive a reinstall.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 10:34 on September 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Yes, I know, but before the new install, I manually deleted anything belonging to Firebird because there was still a bug with "auto complete": Although I had already deactivated it, it still wanted to complete forms with data I had entered before I deactivated it - and this data was stored in the profile. Finally it's working as I want it now. :)
Posted at 11:22 on September 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I see that many of the old options can still be accessed without adding extensions or anything by pasting chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul into the address bar and the hitting enter. This brings up a version of the original complete options menu from moz. The site i found the info on said that some of the options might not work though.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 11:43 on September 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, I found a work around for my profiles problem. I added -P "yourProfileName" to each shortcut to make it open using the correct profile. I also see that there have been some bugs related to firebird opening profiles (there were several different bugs, but one of them sounded exactly like my problem). Oh well, this will work.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll