The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Editorial: Where do all the reviews go?
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Editorial: Where do all the reviews go?

Posted at 09:59 on October 6th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
New Editorial - any points of interest?

Edited by Mr Creosote at 17:59 on October, 06th 2006
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:31 on October 6th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hey! I just noticed this, updating my awstats manually since my cron doesn't seem to work right, and noticed a link from your editorial.

I agree. The only reason my own content is not my old content is that I've always lost it. I'm not sure why the first time. The second time I didn't keep as I changed the format the for the third. I lost the third 'cause I didn't keep good backups, and the fourth because although I had backups, I didn't have a database backup 'cause I'm a bit slow.

I would also hate to have my old reviews up, I would probably be disgusted to have to read through my old reviews. I think my writing style as it is now is bad and unclear enough as it is - back then it must have been horrible.

P.S. Thanks for the plug :)
Posted at 03:07 on October 7th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ok, that is a good reason. Ironic how it was actually easier to preserve one's own content before the days of databases - no additional backup necessary if everything is directly created in text files ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll