The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Floppy Images - Floppy Megadump - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: $skmv
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 11:19 on May 12th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Originally posted by core at 08:41 on May 12th, 2016:
The best way is to get the original disk and dump disk image from it.

Alright, cap. Then question: how would you know it's a dump from original disk?
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 12:07 on May 12th, 2016
Posted at 08:41 on May 12th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
The best way is to get the original disk and dump disk image from it.
Posted at 06:08 on May 12th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
I know that, but what i'm saying is that these versions probably have identical descriptors. Also, i'm sure half the images on here don't have the original one either, but fine. I expected that anyway, but thought we could do something about it while there is no better option.
-----
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 06:27 on May 12th, 2016
Posted at 03:39 on May 12th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 17:51 on May 11th, 2016:
Quote:
It is impossible to do so.

How is that impossible? You could at least substitute RESOURCE.00x files with those of 1.022 (obviously, even i can do it), cause they seem to be the only difference between 1.022 and 1.023. Coming from file timestamps, the difference between the files is ONE DAY, not even a month. I'm not sure about the rest though, but something tells me it's all the same.

It is impossible to recover (restore) disk image from 1.023 --> 1.022.

You must know that the problem is unallocated sector (or memory dumped sector not used as file)
Posted at 17:51 on May 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:

How is that impossible? You could at least substitute RESOURCE.00x files with those of 1.022 (obviously, even i can do it), cause they seem to be the only difference between 1.022 and 1.023. Coming from file timestamps, the difference between the files is ONE DAY, not even a month. I'm not sure about the rest though, but something tells me it's all the same.
-----
Posted at 15:51 on May 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 10:35 on May 11th, 2016:
ibmpc5150, i've found a very rare version of Codename ICEMAN (1.022) as both 5.25 and 3.5 releases. The only trouble is - these aren't disk images, but simply archives. However, i noticed that there is very little difference between version 1.022 and 1.023, so could you perhaps make 1.022 into disk images using the existing 1.023 image files? If you succeed then the credit is all yours, and i wash my hands of this. I've uploaded both archives to your directory on ftp.

unfortunately I don't have 1.022 but 1.023 (both)
-----
Edited by ibmpc5150 at 15:54 on May 11th, 2016
Posted at 10:35 on May 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
ibmpc5150, i've found a very rare version of Codename ICEMAN (1.022) as both 5.25 and 3.5 releases. The only trouble is - these aren't disk images, but simply archives. However, i noticed that there is very little difference between version 1.022 and 1.023, so could you perhaps make 1.022 into disk images using the existing 1.023 image files? If you succeed then the credit is all yours, and i wash my hands of this. I've uploaded both archives to your directory on ftp.
-----
Posted at 21:24 on May 2nd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Thanks for it. I use Dosbox because I have it already set up, so it is faster to me right now. But will look for other setups.
Posted at 15:57 on April 25th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 16:33 on April 23rd, 2016:
For Wandrell: If you have issues running games in DOSBox and suspect the latter to be the culprit as in the case of reported error encountered while trying out AIV Network$, i suggest using VirtualBox with real DOS on-board. In many cases it does not require memory managers to simply see if the game runs well. I frequently switch between DOSBox and VBox for comparison. Besides, it's a lot easier mounting floppy images in the latter.

I also agree with your opinion.

I think DOS games is based on real DOS PC, not on emulator.
A few users seem to make a issue any games on DOSBOX.

I use PCE / PCEM emulator with PC BIOS.
Posted at 16:33 on April 23rd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
For Wandrell: If you have issues running games in DOSBox and suspect the latter to be the culprit as in the case of reported error encountered while trying out AIV Network$, i suggest using VirtualBox with real DOS on-board. In many cases it does not require memory managers to simply see if the game runs well. I frequently switch between DOSBox and VBox for comparison. Besides, it's a lot easier mounting floppy images in the latter.
-----
Posted at 18:53 on April 21st, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Well, that is up to someone else now ;)
-----
Posted at 18:46 on April 21st, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Good work – looking forward to seeing it in the archive ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 18:40 on April 21st, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Zombie Gumby
Unexpected fortune has led me to make yet another hefty upload, which may indeed this time be the ultimate, since i've gone literally every place on the web looking for all possible floppy disk images, and these for all intents and purposes would be the last crumbs ever available for free. Using this opportunity i decided to do a little cleaning and organizing in my working ftp directory. I've repacked each game's files in a separate archive for better management and to replace the old quickie bundles which are now gone. Admittedly, i should've done so straight from the beginning, but somehow it didn't click. Well, as they say, better late than never. Also, i've removed some duplicates and fixed some of the filenames. Anyway, here comes the update list and this time i decided not to append it to the main on very top, cause... cause why the hell,huh? You can get the full package straight on ftp.
Attachment: *****
-----
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 17:16 on April 23rd, 2016
Posted at 21:36 on October 10th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
That's amazing, keep up the good work!
-----
Posted at 18:52 on October 10th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I'm still going through the floppies, but thanks for all those dumps.

Also, as a side note, as I've been processing them we are getting close to 1500 floppy images on the collection.
Posted at 13:55 on September 30th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Zombie Gumby
Announcing new update and probably final from me. I may further upload a few addons which i will no longer announce due to low priority, so this is pretty much the end of line.
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 19:11 on September 7th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Good.
-----
Posted at 16:48 on September 6th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I've checked the image of CABAL.
I think Disk 1 of Cable must be dumped by Teledisk or Kryoflux.
Also the crack of Disk 1 seems to be incorrect.
I've fixed the cracked image.

I've put the cracked image of Cabal Disk 1.
Posted at 09:48 on September 6th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 08:29 on September 6th, 2015:
He already did, but I see that the current file system structure is obstructing the work. I will contact both of you privately to give you direct access to the file queue Wandrell is working on to catalogue things.

Ok, thanks.
Posted at 08:29 on September 6th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
He already did, but I see that the current file system structure is obstructing the work. I will contact both of you privately to give you direct access to the file queue Wandrell is working on to catalogue things.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 08:30 on September 6th, 2015