The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Did you ever figure what happened to Adhoc?
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Did you ever figure what happened to Adhoc?

Posted at 23:59 on December 22nd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
He was like my PC gaming soul mate
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 11:18 on December 23rd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
No, I can't say for sure, but my guess is that I pissed him off with my constant nagging and bitching until he finally had enough (you know how I am...). I don't really want to recount the whole story here (water under the bridge), but in the end, Adhoc sent an e-mail to Elwood telling him he'd quit TUOL. I have to assume the receipient was chosen deliberately, I never got to see that e-mail and Adhoc never 'officially' resigned from TGOD.

What you probably don't know is that he actually re-registered and did one post here 1.5 years ago: http://www.goodolddays.net/forum/topic.php?id=940. Or at least someone registered under the name and posted - I can't be absolutely sure it's him. However, this person spoke German and related to a a very old story in Adhoc's 'TGOD career', so there isn't really a reason to have any doubts.

The good news is that he left the forum's mail function activated, so you can try contacting him via the form if you want to. The bad news is that the e-mail address this will be sent to looks very much like he just registered it to sign up here, so chances are he won't even actively check that inbox. Still, you can't really lose anything trying.

While we're on the topic, whatever made you disappear a few years ago? Just curious, no hard feelings, so no need to run away again! Last thing I knew we had set up a metting on IRC to do a collaborative review (http://www.goodolddays.net/forum/topic.php?id=845&page=2), but you never showed up and apparantely were completely gone for two years or so...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 11:19 on December 23rd, 2008
Posted at 04:29 on January 24th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I have a hard time recounting what exactly was going on but 2-3 years ago I was graduating from university so that might have something to do with that disappearance. The past month I've been traveling more often than not. Currently I have a job plus I went back to university so I dont really play games at all anymore. When I do play they are definitely older games. Even if I wanted to keep up with the new stuff I wouldn't even be able to.

In short, when I have free time, a brewery with outside picnic tables is really enticing.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 11:47 on January 25th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Elwood has forwarded Adhoc's final e-mail from 2002 to me now, and it just says he wants to retire for reasons of time and motivation. Nothing special to see there.

As for you, you're in good company concerning unfulfilled promises and missed appointments. Actually, I'm surprised my question about it didn't scare you away (as it usually happens with most people) ;) So you finally succumbed to alcoholism... in good company there, too :P
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll