The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Panzer General
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

Panzer General

Posted at 11:33 on July 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Good thing I have the floppy version.... up for download on my site :P

Edited by Mr Creosote at 20:00 on July, 17th 2003
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 14:10 on July 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I'm ashamed to admit I tried to download it. Apparently, your PC was down at the moment. Anyway, lately the weather has been so nice that I spent most of my weekends outside, so I'm spending very little time on gaming. Maybe if we get a rainy weekend I'll seriously look into my collection and try to find the game ;).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 14:26 on July 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
After you posted this, I quickly shut down the server again :P
-----
Posted at 14:39 on July 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 14:46 on July 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You're welcome :D
-----
Posted at 09:13 on July 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Next strange scenario: Berlin East. I played it yesterday as a single mission, being the defender. I was able to hold three of the objectives until the end, and what is next? "Allied Victory"! Does anyone know what I did wrong?
Posted at 14:08 on July 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You probably didn't hold enough targets. I remember the objective in the defensive missions always being 'hold at least x targets', not 'hold any target'.
-----
Posted at 10:33 on July 19th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I thought of this case, too, but I claim it's hardly possible to hold more objectives. Moreover, the single scenarios do not have a "briefing" as in the campaigns, so how should I know the number of objectives?
Posted at 15:42 on July 19th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, I remember the Berlin scenarios to be pretty much impossible as well. When I played the campaign and incidently lost in England (to be able to play those defensive ones in context), I found them all to be pretty easy. It was impossible to have any planes, because the enemy was way too strong there. That is why all infantry and artillery was useless as well: they were always bombed to nothing in no time. My core army only consisted of 5-10 of the best tanks - but that was easily enough for the missions.... until the allies reached Berlin. Defending that many targets with such a small army - suuuuuure :(
-----
Posted at 11:22 on July 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Actually, I could have started my offensive few turns later. In the North he had just some weak units left, and South of Berlin he was runnig into my defense with his last tanks. In the East there's Oder River which impossible for "him" to pass. The problem why I did not control more objectives was that the game ended at this point. Of course that might be different in campaign mode.
Posted at 12:06 on July 22nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The difference is that you won't have such a big and varied army in campaign mode ;)
-----
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll