The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Diet
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Diet

Posted at 15:03 on October 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
General question... whats your diet like?

Mine is total shit, I eat a shitty prepack sandwich every lunch and then its take-away food almost every evening. My diet for the past 8 months has basically been Dominoes, Chippy, KFC, Curry, frozen pizza, crappy prepack sandwiches, pringles, microwave ready meals, Burger King & MacD's.

Since moving house & jobs ~8 months ago I have been 'shopping' to the supermarket only once.
Posted at 15:19 on October 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I never eat anything in the morning. Not because of reasons like not wanting to gain weight or any of that shit, but just because I simply can't (without getting sick).

Lunch is always a tough choice. Since I'm at university basically every day (and that's what they call 'holidays'...), all I can do is eat at the cafeteria there. What's the tough choice then? Finding something to eat there which won't make me vomit immediately! I'm not exaggerating - it gets harder and harder with each day :(

In the evenings, I usually eat bread and stuff. For this (and drinks of course), I have to go to the supermarket every other day at least, because I don't like having huge stocks of food piling up - I'd rather just buy it and eat/drink it (pretty much) immediately.

Weekends make a difference of course. Then, I do take the time to cook something decent myself (if I'm at home of course). I used to avoid this for a long time, but once I got into it, it can actually be quite fun to throw things together in weird combinations which nobody but me would touch ;)

As for 'fast food', I haven't eaten any of that stuff for almost a year now. Can't say I'm missing anything.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 15:35 on October 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I'm never hungry in the morning. If I am, I have a bowl of cereal.

For lunch, I have a microwave bean burrito, microwave corn dog, or some other kind of unhealthy frozen crap.

For dinner, it's whatever happens to be there. Sometimes my mom will cook a large meal, other days I'll just have Ramen noodles, and some days we'll order from Dominoes (my dad works there, so we get stuff half-off).

Edited by Da_Goat at 23:37 on October, 10th 2003
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 15:43 on October 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
* Bowl of cereal and a coffee in the morning.

* Between breakfast and lunch, at least two more cups of coffee.

* Lunch is whatever I can heat in the microwave; I can't afford buying $10 lunches, so I usually buy frozen pizzas or instant lunches, which I can reheat in the office.

* Dinner varies wildly. I've got about 20 cheap and quick recipes for dinners, ranging from friut salads through various spreads (tuna, sardines, eggs), through soups to grilled chicken. I tend to finish the day with a cold beer while watching Sportcenter.

Haven't been in a fast food place since last year's September.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 20:14 on October 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
My diet has changed a lot the past few years

If I have time for breakfast, which is rare, I eat a couple of bowls of cereal and drink some OJ. When I don't have time I have some applesauce or chocolate pudding (Last year it was a candy bar each morning. Ugh.)

Lunch is whatever the cafe is serving. Last year the cafe stank big time, and I ate cereal a lot. This year I moved into a building with a much better cafe, restraunt style. The stupidest part is that they cost the same. I'm really satisfied with the food.

For Dinner it's the cafe again. Sometimes late at night I make either Clam Chowder or Chiken Noodle Soup.

I impose the following restrictions on myself, no caffine, and no ham. I really try to stay away from red meat, a few months I haven't had any. Everything else is fair game, and I try to eat fish as well.

Fastfood is sparing, about two months between every visit, which coincides with long distance travel ;)

If I ever start to feel bad or sick, it's usually because I've been getting really inconsistent with eating. I think it matters a lot.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 21:33 on October 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
No caffeine? :o I'd die a miserable death... :pain:
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 03:01 on October 11th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Coffee tastes like shit anyway :P
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 09:11 on October 11th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Mostly I eat food that doesn't need a long preparation, such as pizza, noodles, microwave stuff, and some bread. As for drinks, I take the cheapest juices from the supermarket. I don't have regular meals, I eat when I'm hungry. :P

Eating not at home is expensive; the cafeteria at the university, which is cheap, can be alright, but not every day. I hardly went to "reaturants" until I discovered a chinese restaurant where you can get a regular meal for about 3 ?.

But I see, it's common everywhere to choose the unhealthy and quick stuff. :D

Quote:
Posted by Netdanzr: No caffeine? :o I'd die a miserable death... :pain:

Caffeine doesn't have any effect on me anyway. :P

Quote:
Posted by Tuss: I impose the following restrictions on myself, no caffine, and no ham.

I don't have restrictions. I trust in me vomiting before/while I eat something bad. ;)

Edited by Tapuak at 17:12 on October, 11th 2003
Posted at 06:45 on October 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
My diet is a very irregular one. lately, I eat some bread 'n stuff when I wake up around noon (If I wake up earlier say for classes, I can't est untill I've been awake for at least 2 hours or else I'll have similar digestive problems as read in some other posts here) and at night I usually get some take-out seeing as I'm to lazy to coock just for me. If a friend comes over for dinner I don't mind the trouble but I hate coocking for one. But there are also periods when I eat once every 2 maybe 3 days and just drink a lot of water not to lose wheigt or anything but just 'cause I don't get hungry then.
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll