The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Why is the archive set to read-only?
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Why is the archive set to read-only?

Posted at 19:58 on March 29th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Originally posted by at 03:09 on May 11th, 2024:
I'm sorry to say that no further floppy images can be processed. The time has come to set the archive to read only. Many thanks to all contributors, and especially to Wandrell and Moebius for their enormous dedication over the years!

Hi Mr Creosote,
could you tells us please a bit more about the reasons behind this decision? I hope it's only temporary.

If we as community can help, please tell us, e.g. starting a fund-raising for a larger HDD or server costs. :)
Posted at 20:26 on March 29th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
fuxxxyfloppy, please, don't worry about it. It was my mistake and Mr Creosote has got nothing to do with it other than having been mislead by my thoughtless actions. I take full responsibility for this and nevermind the details. We shall do our best to correct it soon. Happy Easter!
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
-----
Edited by Moebius at 20:32 on March 29th, 2018
Posted at 21:07 on March 29th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Thanks for your answer.

It's great to hear, that everything is solved.
Posted at 10:54 on March 30th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As Moebius said, please be patient until after Easter. We should be able to resume work then.

The underlying issue is one of workload. We have no redundancies in the webmaster team. If one drops out or is temporarily unavailable, there is nobody left to absorb the tasks.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll